Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Thank you Ms Noddi


Monday 2 February 2015

Crisp and frosty

Worked on computer for most of day.  At around 4 pm had cabin fever so went and rejoined the local leisure centre and dived into the warm waters with some fervour.  Hardly anyone in the pool.  Did 20 lengths and thought of Ms Noddi who taught me to swim many moons ago. One of the best things I have ever learned to do.  I am completely cross eyed without my lenses so it took me a while to realise that the new lifeguard was in fact a former colleague with whom I had had a virulent falling out several years ago.  When I went to collect my key, he did not seem to recognise me. I am 15 kilos lighter and have different colour hair.  Do I just look ancient?  True that I never ever wore a swimsuit to the office.  A lady swam up to me and obviously recognised me and started to chat.  The waters took away the heat of my embarassement because I had absolutely no idea who she was.  

Pulverised my various wobbly bits in the water jets and had a steam.  Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment