Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Preparing for the Grand Depart

Monday 20 July 2015

Stinking hot and dripping.  I hate Summer here

Leaped out of bed early and started putting things in suitcases - ended up with one very full and the other virtually empty but they weigh the same because of the Tablet which, although small, is extremely heavy but not so much as the now unreliable laptop.  The screen keeps on freezing even though I have taken off vast amounts of stuff and deleted back ups. Because I wasn't paying attention, I deleted all backups so now have nothing to go back to. A laptop variation on burning all one' bridges.  My most important photos are on the Cloud and emailed to myself so I am not concerned if it all goes txts up.  The laptop has taken also to whirring and overheating.  They seem to have a life of between three and four years before expiring in a state of being overloaded and overheated.  I don't particularly feel overloaded, for once, but I am definitely overheated and cant wait to escape to the cool shores of the land of my birth, where you can be outdoors all day, every day (providing you have appropriate footwear and a brolly).  Have been sleeping badly, especially as I seem to have done something to my rib.  I was leaning over the sink to get open the window and release the shutter, when I felt something give and now my left lower rib really hurts and wakes me up in the night.  

OH went to do some shopping and walk dog and I blasted through my work to do list and cleared things that have been lurking for a while.  There is another requested visit during my absence - for the chateau with the dry rot and leaking roof.  If my guy doesn't make an offer, I am stopping visits if they wont drastically reduce the price.  Spoke to a potential seller who again asked the question, how can you guys charge so much?  I said if he was happy for me just to do the advertising and nothing else, then we could charge the same as the UK agents.  If he wants me to do accompanied viewings, full translations, ordering reports, communicating with all parties for up to six months, then he can pay the going rate.  Or he can sod off (I didn't say that).

OH came back and we had a quick bite of lunch - poached eggs on lovely brown cereal bread - then into the furnace to see my notary.  It is not good news about the US lady - she has to agree to sign the release document or the funds will be blocked and the only way the seller can get hold of them is by going to Tribunal - where he could take the opportunity to sue her for further damages.  Our rental unit sale and two other sales are on track.  I asked her to write to the sellers of the Villa (buyers NZ ladies) because they have let the garden go to rack and ruin and I asked her to threaten to retain 1000 euros to get it sorted out.  That should get them moving.  Lastly, I gave her the details of the new sale.  Back home and yet another shower.  Finished packing and made dinner and watered.  Showed OH where to water and pleaded with him to actually water the soil and not just zizz about the hosepipe and wet a few leaves.  I am praying for rain whilst I am away or it will all be dead as proverbial dodo.

Bought train ticket from Gatwick to Basingstoke on the train line website - am going to have to change at Clapham Junction and Waterloo - two places I have never been to - the excitement and the journey await!!  Speak to youngest on Skype and cant wait to see him. Eldest is going to try and get some time off.  He hasn't yet learned that you need to inform employers early of your intention to have day off.  He waits for them to say when he can have leave.

Spend night tossing and turning and being very hot and my rib hurt.