Friday, October 16, 2015

Wonderful Lea Stansal


Thursday 15 October 2015

Glorious autumn day

Spent day in bed feeling ghastly.  Drank a lot of tea and dozed.  Listened to A Good Read on podcast - Miriam Margoles and a writer I havent heard of.  Miriam chose Great Expectations and the bloke chose To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolfe.  I have not yet managed to get to the end of a Virginia Woolfe novel.  I find them turgid and the characters inspid.  Miriam was of the same opinion.  The lady in charge of the show recommended Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote which I then found a copy of online and rather enjoyed, for the part I managed to read before dozing off again.

Here, for your enjoyment, are some photos of the work of Lea Stansal, who I absolutely admire for her stunning and original embroidery














No comments:

Post a Comment